• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Easterleigh Animal Sanctuary, Blackpool - Awful news

Bitzy

Mama Doe
My boss has just been in and told us that he heard on the local news that they've had a fire and some of the animals have died!!

That's all I know at the moment ....... awful, sad news!! :(

Gosh that is awful. I hate to think of the pain and suffering that some may have endured.

We all hope that many animals are okay and not suffering from the effects of the fire.

Fingers, toes and paws crossed here for them.

Oh no, how sad. They must be distraught. Does anyone from there post on here?

I don't think so. I live just down the road from them so may pop in on my way home and see if they need any help with anything!

No idea on details yet but if I find anything out I'll update on here.

Omg no, I come from Blackpool and have visited Easterleigh many times and it's spotless and they have had so much bad luck having stuff stolen, they have rabbits and dogs and horses, Oh if I were only back there :cry:

How horribly tragic, all those poor animals trapped and unable to escape :( I guess the only small comfort is that they were probably overcome by the smoke and fumes long before the fire actually got near to them :(

I hope the perpetrators get long custodial sentences :evil:

I hope they find the person(s) responsible for this:evil:

It says the police have arrested a man and a teenager but what will they do a heavy fine!
I feel so very sad as Mandy that runs Easterleigh never turns anything away and they have nearly had to close so many times due to lack of funds, Mike and I took rabbit food down one Christmas and all the rabbit's hutches and pens were so clean and the rabbits looked so happy. They have had a lot of robberies over the years and important stuff needed by the sanctuary stolen but I think the problem is the sanctuary is in the middle of a field and I don't think anyone lives there. I may be wrong.
It's so sad :cry:

Back