• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

WANTED: White Belgian Hare

tomy179

New Kit
Hi all,

I'm looking reasonably urgently for a White Belgian Hare for a student film. They appear to be quite rare but I thought I'd check on these boards and see if anyone had one! We can offer a modest hire fee and would guarantee the safety and good treatment of the animal...plus your hare would be a film star :)

Sorry if this isn't really what the forum is supposed to be for...

cheers,

Tom

Thanks very much for your reply - thought it might be a bit of a long shot!

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a link to one of those forums?...

I think but Im not sure that Golden Bunnies is more breeder friendly :wave: I've had a google and white belgians must be rare, I cant find any :lol:

Good luck, I'm afraid you'll need it. I've only seen two albino belgian hares in pictures, one from France and one in this country, but I believe he's now passed away. If you google Ravens Rexs, she's a belgian hare breeder and may have more information.

You can quite easily get white polish (be careful, the American and English polish is different), theyre hare shaped but very small

I think a couple of people on here have regular coloured belgian hares. Could you maybe change the colour electronically after filming or is that too high tech?

Out of sheer nosiness, why does it have to be a hare? Wouldn't another white rabbit of similar build suffice?

I posted and then looked at the original post again. I'm sure the posts wasn't put that way yesterday. It sounded like they wanted to breed. :? Maybe I dreamed it. :oops:

Last edited:
I posted and then looked at the original post again. I'm sure the posts wasn't put that way yesterday. It sounded like they wanted to breed. :? Maybe I dreamed it. :oops:

The OP hasn;t been edited at all so think it has always said the same thing :)

agreed you could get a rabbit who looked similar to this? how long would filming be for would the owner be able to be there during filming and what sort of accomodation would be provided on set, you would need a calm bunny and be aware hares are highly strung, im not sure it would be your best option! any reason for the specific breed type? also what would the hare be needing to do in its film role?

I was sure i read it was for a breeder this morning too :? but then the post hasnt been edited, so i guess we were both seeing things :lol:

Back