• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I know it's a bit weird...

Trixielover

Mama Doe
but do your buns smell different to each other? Mine smell the same but they smell completely different to my bridge bun and they came from the same place. :oops: :wave:

Yes mine do, I can't describe how they are different but if I had to close my eyes and identify them by smell I know I could.

Peter kind of smells of nothing and I guess Poppy.....oh I don't really know:lol: but they are definately different!!

I think my two do smell slightly different from eachother, can't describe it but they smell lovely :D except one time when Peanut had a wash straight after eating her caecotrophs, she didn't smell very nice after that :lol:

I think mine do. I think they smell of really random things too, like I thought Billy smelled like strawberries the other day! He hadn't eaten any! Perhaps I've just got a weird nose? :oops:

My unneutered foster bun certainly smells different! :shock: Bring on the plum fairy! :lol:

Not weird at all :)

Biscuit & Ginger both smell very different.

Just to add to the possible strangeness... Ginger smelt like perfume when she first arrived and for the first 2 months we had her :shock: :love:

yes my 3 smell different, buddys smell i would know anywhere. blousy and lula aren't as noticable but i could still tell them apart by smell..:)

my dogs smell different as well.. my girl Jazz's head smells like chocolate! :shock:

I can't smell Oberon but love the smell of Pie :oops: I don't know what she smells of but I know it's a very comforting, nice smell.

OH says he can smell Oberon really strongly but not Pie. Maybe it's a male/female thing?

I haven't tried sniffing buns yet but will have a go tonight. so if Sparkle chews my face off I will know where to send the medical bills :lol:

but my horse smells different to my friends horse, and my new dog smells different to my old boy.

My OH thinks I am strange because I like smelling things :shock: but I'm obviously not alone on this one :lol:

I haven't tried sniffing buns yet but will have a go tonight. so if Sparkle chews my face off I will know where to send the medical bills :lol:

but my horse smells different to my friends horse, and my new dog smells different to my old boy.

My OH thinks I am strange because I like smelling things :shock: but I'm obviously not alone on this one :lol:

Don't try it if they're going through a moult tho ... you'll be sneezing for days!! :lol:

If you pick them up (if your bun will allow it) and cosy them in and just gently snuggle your nose in and...well...sniff! :lol:

they're not 'picky up' buns sadly, and yes they are now moulting so I thought I'd maybe leave it a while :lol:. That and the fact that free range time is possibly not the best time to be trying to keep them still :roll:

ruby smells of dusty hay and wee :?
the babies smell booootifull like fresh sweet hay and warm fluff!
jay is kinda like errrm jay smell and eccles smells of rotting hay :/

Back