• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could you pick your bun out of a lineup?

clutterydrawer

Wise Old Thumper
Those of you whose buns have no particularly distinctive features, do you think you could identify him or her from a group of similar coloured and sized buns?

eg if you've got a small black lop, would you know yours amongst other small black lops.

I was wondering cos I help at a rescue where there are a few REW lionhead crosses, like Apache. And before I had rabbits I would probably have thought they all looked alike. But I'm sure I could tell him anywhere, I would recognise his little face - he doesn't look like the ones at the rescue, despite being superficially identical.

A difficult one to test though :lol:

Last edited:
I can tell Grace and Castiel apart :D they do have some distinguishing features but you have to have them up close and side by side to tell - but I can tell just by looking which one is which

hmmm I think I could, Mae might be a little difficult if I put her in with lots of other small nethies though, I've never seen a bunny identicle to Sebastian, similar ones I have seen though. Mae looks like alot of nethies though :wave:

definately... the buzzing when Alvin saw me would help loads too :lol:

i always thought how similar Alvin and Carlton were but they looked so different too. both black buns with attitude but very very different :D

Yes, I think! The other day, I was taking pics of my baby buns (they are small) and they did this: Do you want me to take a pic or...

i'd know matthew and tabby anywhere! and i think they'd know me in a line-up of bunny mummies!

i think i'd know morse, too, and a few other r u bunnies.

Last edited:
Yeah, Charlie'd be the thick one facing the wrong way
Milly isn't really common looking I don't think

I could tell 15 of mine easily, but the Dopeys would cause me a bit more trouble (they have a collective name because they are so similar). I would have to put my hands in and see who oinked at me. One is vocal (Dopeys 1) and the other is not (Dopey 2).

Yes I'm confident that I could :wave:

Even if the other buns looked identical I could tell them apart with what they're doing/how they're acting (and if I get really stuck, I'll cheat and look at their feet for clues :lol: )

There are lots of bunnies that look like Pipkin, but I could tell him apart from say Blackberry's boys.

I think Ruby is slightly more distinctive, she does have a rather unique hair style :lol:

1005 i could tell them all individually, they all have mannerisms and also subtle differences even when they look identical to other bunnies. x

I'd like to think I could pick Alfie from a black otter lop line-up. Bubbles would hopefully be easier because of her markings.

Not long after I got my two grey bunnies, one of them was in stasis, and I wasn't 100% sure which it was when I rang the vets! I felt such a failure! After a while it became really obvious though.

Back