• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bepanthen (sp?) vs Sudocrem - Jane and rexy people please

weeble

Does anyone know if there is a difference between bepanthen and sudocrem and which is best for sore rexy feet? I only ask as we have bepanthen in for tattoos.

I asked a similar question the other day for sore hocks and Jack's-Jane suggested bepanthen or metanium. Not sure why these over sudocrem though, hope she sees this tomorrow for you :)

I used sudocrem when Charlie had sore hocks and it worked a treat.
I put it on twice a day and cuddled him while he sat on his blanky while it soaked in. Worked so well, within a few days both feet looked SO much better. Such a relief coz I was in tears so much thinking it was all my own fault.
He's not a rex but thought I'd answer anyway!

Sorry, every time I went to reply to this yesterday the Forum crashed :cry:

I tend to stick with Savlon Advanced Healing Gel now

http://www.savlon.co.uk/products/healing_gel.html

it's fantastic and is quickly absorbed.

But in the past I have used sudocrem, Bepanthen or Metanium. IME it's trial and error and what works well for one Bun wont necessarily help another.

Now, will posting this cause another Forum crash............... :?

Knowledge from using them as nappy creams!:lol: Sudocrem will soothe the inflammation. Bepanthen, Metanium and drapolene do this too but also form a barrier against further wetness. :wave:

Oooo I dont know what to do now. There is no wetness so thats not an issue I suppose I really just want to harden the skin a bit. I will try bepanthen for a few weeks and see what happens and if there is no improvement try one of the others

Be careful with sudocrem, I believe there's a lot of (zinc)? in it which can cause problems when digested

Back