• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How to secure lino to the hutch floor?

rabbitdan

Mama Doe
i cant use batons as my hutch already has interia 'batons' to hold it together , if i put more in it would take up too much space.

so what else can i use to secure the hutch to the floor? :wave:

also where can i get lino for a good price?

also the ones in the £ shop are individual tiles, would they be ok or would urine soak through the gaps?

Im no expert, but you could try and super glue the individual tiles on the wooden flooring, and make sure there aren't any gaps. :wave:

sorry, I can't help but would be interested in any replies as I want to do the same thing as you!

I'm getting some lino off-cuts from a friend's OH who has a carpet business.

Can't help with the sticking down as we used batons but just to say we went to a lino place and just asked if they had any off-cuts, explained it was for a rabbit hutch and they gave us loads - for free! :thumb: (worth a try)! :D

We used the poundland tiles in our old hutch and they worked really well.
What I would ideally do if it's not too difficult is to take it apart, lay the lino and then put it back together so the batons you already have will hold the lino down ensuring no chewable edges or gaps.

I bought more lino than the length and width of the hutches and wrapped the lino round the bottom board. I then stapled it on from the underside. On the top there should be no staples showing and it is wrapped round so no urine can get under it.

Only problem with this is that my hutch now has little gaps at the edges so I'm having to sort that out with lino edging. It does work though and is easy to clean out.

Once the lino is wrapped round the base board for the hutch- you slot it in as you normally would when building the hutch and secure it in place. This method only works whilst putting the hutch up. Other people have used small nails to pin it down to the hutches. Hope this helps x

Tiles aren't a good idea, stuff gets caught in the gaps and the buns will pull them up at the edges.

Use double sided tape.

Back