• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly is really poorly - better now

Rhianna

Wise Old Thumper
Molly didn't seem quite herself this morning - but it was nothing I could put my finger on. She jumped out of the hutch into the run and into the other hutch as she usually does so I thought maybe she was moulting.

When I got in this evening she was just not 'right'. It was after my vet closed and I didn't know what to do as I have a huge overdraft and part of me thought I was being paranoid. Anyway, I took her in and she was so cold her temperature didn't register on his thermometer:( My vet thinks she may be in stasis but she isn't dehydrated which is good.

He gave her baytril and a steriod and I have to warm her up and syringe feed her and take her back first thing tomorrow morning. She looks incrediblly poorly but keeps moving away from the hot water bottle he lent me. It isn't too hot - just warm - so I don't know why she is doing that.

I am not sure she will survive the night. She is just so lethargic. I've put her in a pen in the lounge but am not sure whether to bring one of the other three buns in with her or not to keep her company.

Please send vibes for my Molly bun. I hate seeing her like this. It is going to be a very long night:(:(

Last edited:
Oh poor Molly, and you xxxx

Hope she gets well soon, vibes on their way, and everything crossed for you and Molly xxxxxxx

I've never had a bun with stasis before:(

She seems a bit warmer now but syringe feeding her is a nightmare. She keeps her mouth closed and even if I get some food in she won't swallow. She was a white bunny - now both she and I are covered in green gunge.

I've tried gently rubbing her tummy and giving her some reiki. Not sure if it's best to keep her on my lap wrapped in a blankie or to leave her in her pen on the hot water bottle the vet lent me. I've put it in a cat bed so it's very snuggly for her.

When I tried sleeping on the settee while bonding I realised how uncomfy it was so I may move her upstairs in my bedroom and leave a lamp on so I can keep checking on her. I have to go to work tomorrow so I need to get a little sleep in between feeds. She seems to have become very ill very quickly:(

It's times like this I really wish I had a partner and didn't live alone.

Thank you all for the vibes.

Molly lives with three other buns so I don't know if she has poo'd today:( When I got her to the vet he thought she had suffered some kind of shock, which is why she was so cold. She had refused her supper - I think that may be why he gave her a steroid.

She has pushed her blankie off and left the cat bed and the hot water bottle. I put some pear and spring greens near to where she was standing and she has nommed some pear:) She doesn't have that very often so it is a treat for her. I've just cut up a tiny piece of apple and will see if she will eat that.

I'm not sure whether to put her back on the hot water bottle but her ears are nice and warm now and my lounge isn't cold. Am going to risk leaving her for a short time so I can go in the kitchen and get something to eat. I've only had cereal this morning and a roll for lunch. When I was holding Molly I could hear this horrible gurgling sound and was terrified until I realised it was actually my tummy, not hers:oops:

I guess it's a good sign she has moved out of the bed and has eaten something, even though it is only a tiny amount. I am sure my hair will be completely grey by the morning!!

Those buns sure know how to worry us. It does sound as though she is a little better, so I hope you can enjoy your own noms now.

Thinking of you both. Really hope Molly is better in the morning. She does sound like she has picked up since this morning. More vibes for Molly. xxx

She has nommed a tiny piece of apple. I don't know whether to stress her out again by trying to syringe feed her or whether to just leave her to rest. I've reheated her hot water bottle and put it under the cat bed and sat her in that with a blankie around her. She is so still though.

I don't want to move her upstairs so will try and curl up on the settee and accept I am unlikely to get much sleep. Hopefully, knowing I am near will comfort her a bit as she hasn't got any of her friends with her. She is usually with another three buns but seems OK on her own. I think she wants to be left quietly at the moment.

Thank you for the vibes.

She is still very poorly. Won't eat anything now. I have been syringe feeding her but feel like I am abusing the poor bun as she hates it so. She does move out of the cat bed with the hot water bottle in though:( Don't know why as the vet said it was important to keep her warm and the bottle is under the bottom of the bed so it's warm and not hot.

I've tried to put her blankie over her too but she moves away from that. Then her ears get cold so I start to panic.

Just about to syringe feed her again and then take her back to the vet.

It is very unusual for me to treat one bun and not keep a companion with her, but I seem to feel this is what Molly wants. I sense she just wants to be left alone. Hope I am not wrong.

The vet said if she was no better today he would admit her and adminster under the skin fluids.

I saw him out of hours last night and they said I could pay for it all together at the end. I need to find some money today as I am up to my overdraft limit but fortunately I do have a friend who will lend me some for animal emergencies. Poverty sucks:(

It is really distressing seeing Molly so poorly. I keep cuddling her and telling her how much I love her. I just hope the vet can help today but I am not optimistic - she just seems so lifeless and poorly.

Thank you for all your vibes. I will tell Molly she is being thought about.

Back