• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What do you reckon? Bunny housing query

ankyferdi

Warren Scout
Hi everyone! :wave:

I was just wondering what you thought about this for my two buns. Anky is a nethie and Ferdi a mini lop

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Cat-Dog-Run-K...1?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Cats&hash=item3f07ec1e05

Do you think it's big enough? As suggested by everyone in my last bunny housing thread I'd panel it the bottom to about 3ft to stop my terrier bothering them and put some shelves on the back wall so that they could look out. My other concern is that it might be a bit dark, especially with the extra panelling.

I also like this one, but wonder if it might be a bit too exposed in the winter. I think with both of these they would have free range of the lot all year round 24/7 as the shed part isn't big enough for them to be shut in. Ooh the dilemmas you get with bunny housing :roll:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bird-Aviary-10x4ft-/270715854346?pt=UK_Pet_Supplies_Birds&hash=item3f07ec1e0a

Last edited:
I like both of those :)

I guess the question of how exposed they are depends on your site - if your garden is quite sheltered, it wouldn't be such an issue - if you live on top of a mountain, maybe go for the first one! I've always used open sided runs and haven't had problems, although it's not as if they rabbits would have been able to tell me they didn't like it, I suppose :?

I *think* I prefer the first one, and if you think it'll be too dark if panelled, why not put a picket fence around it about a foot away, so you and buns can see in/out but doggie cant get to them?

personally I like open runs because the buns can see so much and get a nice breeze through, they can always go inside if they aren't pleased with it.
I would consider height as well as you don't want to go for anything that you have to stoop to get in to.

I would go for something a little larger if it's possible but both of those setups meet the minimum requirements for many rescues so should be ok.:)

Back