• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I weird??

Alibunmum

Wise Old Thumper
Does anyone else enjoy watching their rabbits eating hay? :oops: I love the way they pick out a strand, eat it like spaghetti and their teeth make that munchy sound. They just look so happy. :love:

If that makes you weird then I'm weird too! :D I love watching them do anything, I could just sit and watch them all day, whatever they're doing :love: but I do love watching a yummy piece of hay quickly disappear into their munching mouths! :)

I love it too! Bramble spends ages searching for the perfect bit, and then he muches it at about 100 miles an hour! :lol:

i love it:D

especially when they find 'that perfect piece' but its stuck together with other bits too so they have to keep munching to cram it all in and it kinda spins round in their face:love:

Me too :wave:

When I give my buns their food I'll often get down to their level to watch them munching.....it always puts a big smile on my face. :D Especially my trio of girls as they have really big chops and they look really funny when they are munching. :love:

Glad I'm not the only one, just love the munching sounds - I even get excited over a good bale of hay :lol:

yeah, but do you ever pull out what YOU think is a really nommy strand whilst topping up the hay and wave it about to see if it's up to your bun's standards? (or is that just me:oops::lol:). i love it when they appreciate my 'find';)

yeah, but do you ever pull out what YOU think is a really nommy strand whilst topping up the hay and wave it about to see if it's up to your bun's standards? (or is that just me:oops::lol:). i love it when they appreciate my 'find';)

Haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!!

I love it too! :love: I love how they dig for the best bits. Strange how to buns there's so much difference between strands of hay! I guess they must have more taste buds than us hoomins!

i love watching my buns do anything and i mean ANYTHING. my OH came home from a late shift the other evening and asked what i was smiling at and i said bella. he then looked at the rug where bella was and said 'she's.... sitting!' to which i replied 'yeah but look how she looks like a tea cosy!' :lol:

I know the perfect one is in here somewhere....

IMG-20110323-00288.jpg

I love watching Pie eat her hay, because it means she's getting the fibre she needs for her tummy to keep working. Which means - lower chance of GI Stasis for her! :D

That is such a fab picture! :love: Did you hide banana at the bottom of the bowl??

Thank you all for reassuring me that this is normal rabbit mummy behaviour. :lol::lol: Not sure i'd get the same response if I posted this on facebook but here I am among people who understand!

That is such a fab picture! :love: Did you hide banana at the bottom of the bowl??

Thank you all for reassuring me that this is normal rabbit mummy behaviour. :lol::lol: Not sure i'd get the same response if I posted this on facebook but here I am among people who understand!

I may have mixed in some some dried herbs ;)

Back