• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Another Conti housing question

twisted_angel

Warren Scout
I am trying to maximise the space i have best for the 2 continentals i am homing and wondered how continentals do with a 2 level house if i make sure they have a wide low steep ramp? I was thinking of doing a 2 level 4 - 5ft instead of a 1 level 8 - 10ft hutch so that it gives them more room in their outdoorr enclosure. This is each not to share as i will eventually try to bond them but they need to be spayed and neutred first then bonding so may take a while. I can then always make the hutch and outdoor enclosure into 1 huge one should they do bond.

Any opinions or advice???

Yes a 8ft - 10 ft wide hutch 2 1/2 feet deep and 3ft - 4ft high with a outdoor enclosure of 6 1/2 ft by 9ft FOR EACH rabbit. They will not be housed together until they are both spayed and neutered and then the process of bonding if it is successful.

The hutch will sit in the outdoor enclosure so they have access to go outside all times. The outdoor enclosure will have gavalnised metal fox proof wire with timber frames. The side will be 5ft high to ensure they cant climb out and nothing can climb in. The roof to the whole enclosure will be approx 6 - 7 ft high made with a clear corrgulated plastic to give them shade in the summer and keep the rain and snow out in the bad months.

I have used a very similar design for the enclosures as a good breeder i was recommended by forum users to contact about advice for set ups and she has helped me.

Back