• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Too much carrott??

Hi, do you think giving one bunny a piece of carrot every morning that's as thick as a pound coin and the same size as a 50 pence. I know carrots are full of sugar and shouldn't be fed in large amounts but Parsnip is just loving this treat in the mornings (along with a whole host of other 'yummies') and he always gobbles the carrot up first. He doesn't have any more carrots through the day:D

I usually feed that size carrot, about maybe twice a week, not daily, but thats just because I am keeping an eye on my two's weight

I feed my lot carrot daily, none of them are overweight or have any problems. I think a piece that size is fine, but just keep an eye on weight and teeth :)

You would probably be better off increasing his green veg and only giving carrot as a very occasional treat; they are high in sugar and so not good for teeth or tums.

Back