• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

stitches or glue

Glue or Stitches

• didnt check

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • glue

Votes: 13 59.1%
  • stitches

Votes: 9 40.9%

• Total voters
When i got George done, he had it glued first but then he somehow managed to open his wound so they stitched it, he then opened it again so they glued and stapled it & a collar :roll:

So ill vote Glue because they did glue it first :)

When i got George done, he had it glued first but then he somehow managed to open his wound so they stitched it, he then opened it again so they glued and stapled it & a collar :roll:

So ill vote Glue because they did glue it first :)

:shock: bloomin ell :shock:

I think Molly possibly had both? Internal dissolvable stitches then external glue? Can't remember now though.

spot and harley's were lefted open and harry had dissolveable stitches harrys was done buy a different vet

Olly had glue but Honey had stitches, as two different vets operated on them and they each have their own way of doing things... I thought the glue was much better as they don't need to have stitches removed - although Honey had dissolvable stitches she had to have them taken out after 10 days as they were irritating her skin a bit and making it swell up... On the poll I voted glue, it wouldn't let me vote twice! :wave:

all 3 bunnies glued.. :)

jazz my dog was glued when she was done. 9 years ago my other dog sid was done and they used dissolving stitches.. my OH found it hilarious i wouldn't walk him in the rain or let him get wet because i thought they would melt away! :oops:

My three rabbits were all just neutered the end of Feb. The three of them got stiches and also staples.

They had some under the skin and all I could see was two staples and two stiches.
Except for one of them who was cryptorchid (meaning he had one undesended testicle) only had one visable stich and one staple but he had a big long row of stiches and staples on his tummy (where they had to get the other testicle out)

My three rabbits were all just neutered the end of Feb. The three of them got stiches and also staples.

They had some under the skin and all I could see was two staples and two stiches.
Except for one of them who was cryptorchid (meaning he had one undesended testicle) only had one visable stich and one staple but he had a big long row of stiches and staples on his tummy (where they had to get the other testicle out)
ooh ouchy !

I have never had a neuter/spay done before as Trixie (bridge bun) was only 10weeks and Domino and Tallulah are 8weeks today! Do you get a choice as to what your bun has if there are no reactions/irratations to anything?:)
Also, I'm booking them in for the vets in a few weeks to see when neuter and spay can be done. :)

Back