• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

advice please im worried

louiseb1000

Warren Scout
we got our new bun from a petshop that was keeping them sawdust feeding them wat looked like musli and kept them told us it was good to keep them with with piggies!! now shes had plenty of hay whichs shes well into and a few pellets she has done a few poos that are all stuck together what do i do ??

Last edited:
Are the poos small dark & wet? Like a wee bunch of grapes?

If so then they are cecotrophes (spelling?!), she may be producing more of these seen as her diet has changed.

Are the poos small dark & wet? Like a wee bunch of grapes?

If so then they are cecotrophes (spelling?!), she may be producing more of these seen as her diet has changed.

yes just like grapes!!! Poor girls not really used to hay thanks i was really worried she was sick

She is meant to eat these, usually bunnies eat them direct from their cecum (near bum), i know it sounds rank, but it helps them get the nutrients that they need from their food.

If they have had a change in diet then they can produce more than they need, so the excess ones are found lying about.

No need to worry for the odd ones here or there, hopefully it will calm down and you wont see any :)

The main thing is to feed loads of hay, and she seems to like that so that is ideal :)

She is meant to eat these, usually bunnies eat them direct from their cecum (near bum), i know it sounds rank, but it helps them get the nutrients that they need from their food.

If they have had a change in diet then they can produce more than they need, so the excess ones are found lying about.

No need to worry for the odd ones here or there, hopefully it will calm down and you wont see any :)

The main thing is to feed loads of hay, and she seems to like that so that is ideal :)

shes done about 3 in past 12 hrs is this to many should i feed her only hay???

How many pellets did she have? Has she has any other food?

shes had a small hand full since last nite and that took her for ever to eat as she didnt know wat they were!!! and hay thats it no greens or anythin as shes only young and didnt wanna overload her with a strange diet

shes had a small hand full since last nite and that took her for ever to eat as she didnt know wat they were!!! and hay thats it no greens or anythin as shes only young and didnt wanna overload her with a strange diet

I think it will really be due to the pellets. I would just load her up on hay and give her a small amount of pellets to begin with, even less than she had before, then gradually increase the amount to what you want to feed her. Some Rabbits also just dont do well on certain pellets, i had to change my Inca off of Excel Pellets as they were upsetting her tummy and she was having runny poo. Hopefully it is just the new diet.

Oh, and we need pics of the new girl :):)
K xx

thanks ive taken her pellets rite down to about half an egg cup and i need to freshen her hay as shes eaten the lot again !!shes gunna turn into a hay bale lol ! shes also very nervous as shes not been handled alot i never had this with floppy she wont let me near her ?? any ideas about getting her to trust us?

thanks ive taken her pellets rite down to about half an egg cup and i need to freshen her hay as shes eaten the lot again !!shes gunna turn into a hay bale lol ! shes also very nervous as shes not been handled alot i never had this with floppy she wont let me near her ?? any ideas about getting her to trust us?

The more hay the better :):)

The trust should come with time. Just try sitting on the floor at her level and let her run about, she might come to you for a nosey. I very rarely pick my two up, i always lie on the floor with them :)

well she seems better today than yestaday shes out of her hiddy hole and seems interested in what we are doin esp floppy but i dont wanna mess with her after this mornin checkin her bum cos of stressin her out :love: i love her already

Back