• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Harry's Story

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
Here is Harry's story for those who don't know :)

Hi I havent been on here in ages, well alot has happened since :L for starters I have a new bunny called Harry ! Here is the story on how Harry is now in his forever home ? You hear about this kind of cruelty on animal shows but I'd never thought it would happen right across the road ! please take the time to read ?

It was after school one night and my neighbours cam rouns say " we think one of your rabbits might of got out he is at the side of the road over there"
I immediatly ran over and a group of young kids were sorrounding the rabbit and trying to get him into a recycle box, but i came over and just picked the rabbit up. I realised who's rabbit it was as I returned the rabbit a few months ago, after it had escaped before,. I knocked on the owners door and no one answered so I took the gorgeous rabbit home and but him in the rabbit run for the time being. I had posted a note throguh the neighbours door but no body cam to collect him that night so he slept in a dog crate overnight in the kitchen. The next day still no sign of the neighbours so after school i went oer to the house ( i know I shouldnt have but i had to) and opened the gate to find a scrappy metel 2ft hutch, no water and a mountainous pile of wet soggy food ? ! I had to have a look through the window and the owrst had come true, the house was abandoned, no fidge , cooker sofa or anything just a bare house. Thats right the owners had moved house and left the poor rabbit ! We immediatly called the RSPCA, who unfortunatley could come to us becasue of the foot of snow we had :/. He stayed with us for another week, when finally the RSPCA rang us back and told us if you want to keep him you can ? so now I am the owner of a stunning, Harlequin French lop cross, who is on a proper diet to help him put abit of wiehgt on, and is now clean from matts after a 1 hour grooming session with me :L Here are some pics of the gorgeous, attention seeking, friendly, bossy, jealous, cheeky rabbit I have called Harry

Poor little man :cry: I still cannot believe that people can do that its truely awful. He's certainly landed on his paws finding you again :D

Thanks for sharing his story :cry::cry: so sad but....it all came good in the end and he now has a happy life with you. :love::love::love:

It is completely beyond me how anyone can abandon an animal like that, but from the description of his "house" they obviously NEVER cared that much :evil:

Great news for Harry that you've adopted him! Thank goodness for the lady who knocked on your door that day :D Hope he has a long and happy life with you :)

What a lucky 'escape' for Harry, if he hadnt of managed to get away, no one would have known that he was there.

Thank you for sharing this story xx

Back