• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Do people take all bonded buns to the vets?

As mylo and capri are newly bonded, would it be best to take both buns to the vets even if only one of them has an appointment?

Mylo has his myxi booster on monday and was wondering if i need to also take capri.

If so, this should be a fun job getting them both in the carry case :lol:

I think I will take them both together as long as i can get them in the carry case!!!

I am sure the plot against me in there bunny language!

It depends on the bun.

Dan & Clo can go separately.

Blackie was happy on his own, but if Butters needed to go Blackie hated being left behind, and Butters was less scared with him there.

It depends on the bun.

Dan & Clo can go separately.

Blackie was happy on his own, but if Butters needed to go Blackie hated being left behind, and Butters was less scared with him there.

Well i dont know cos they have only been home for 2 weeks, mylo is fine on his own before capri but i dont know what she would be like and i dont wana risk damaging the bond.

It cant cause any harm in taking them both can it?

i take very newly bonded bunnies just incase.

Pearl and Alvin were so solid i never took the two if only one needed to see the vet.

so far Holly and Alvin both went but it was a new bond every time a vet was required... after almost a year i am confident should one not need vet care they will stay home while the other goes.. i do try to sync jabs and claw clipping tho.

Well i dont know cos they have only been home for 2 weeks, mylo is fine on his own before capri but i dont know what she would be like and i dont wana risk damaging the bond.

It cant cause any harm in taking them both can it?

No, it will be company for them :)

I prefer taking them in pairs, but with Dan and Clo if only one needs to go then I know they are fine being separated for a short while, plus it takes long enough to catch on, let alone both of them :lol:

I think i will take them both.

That should be a good challenge for me, rush home from work and rush to try and get them both into the carry case by 6pm!!!! :D

If I am taking one of a pair then I take both, but if one of my four needs to go I will only take one companion - I don't have a carrier big enough for four. I think buns like having a friend with them when they go to the vet. I know I prefer having someone with me if I have a hospital appointment. It's less scary.

Mine always go together. It's usually Pipkin that needs the appointment and Ruby comes along to look after him. I think it's probably comforting for him having Ruby there.

It depends on the bunnies I think.

I take Pickle and Pootle together otherwise there will be a scrap when one gets back to the house as they are both quite bossy and territorial.

I take Sparkle and Twinkle separately as Sparkle panics in a carrier and I worry that Twinkle will get hurt in his panic as he throws himself around. They both are calm and welcome each other back with snuggles when they get back together so there are no worries there.

I wouldn't unless they were very newly bonded. I give mine time alone anyway every so often incase they do have to be seperated. It might comfort one of the buns, but if the 'companion' rabbit isn't used to car journeys and vet trips, it's too much un necessary stress

I only take the bun that needs to go. I think a trip to the vet is more stressful than being apart for a short amount of time. But it might be a good idea for very newly bonded buns. :)

I always take mine together. The only time I would consider it would be if the reason for going was Nutmeg as Smudge hates travelling. My lops are fine with travelling and are more likely to be upset by being apart from each other. Nutmeg is also fine with travelling, it's the vet bit at the end she doesn't like :lol: so when Smudge has to go I pop her in too to help calm Smudge.

Back