• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Inca is holding her leg strange - UPDATE: Still holding leg funny - acupuncture?

Kermit

Wise Old Thumper
My Inca has a deformed back end, but she has always managed to get about fine. She is still managing to run about, but the passed day she has been holding her right back leg funny.

It's like she sits the foot too much forward and a bit squinty, then she goes to move and sometimes gets tangled up! Putting the one back leg forwards is making her lean to the side, i am paranoid that it is her hips :(

Any ideas?

I have checked over her feet, but they seem fine. Only thing she has is a wee scab on her bum where the tail should be, as if she has been leaning on her bum so as to take the weight off her back leg?!

I am gonna phone for an vet appointment tomorrow, it deffo is not an emergency as she binkied in the living room about 5 mins ago.

She was just starting to get better too, now this :(

Last edited:
If you gently pinch her toes on the effected leg does she show normal signs of sensation ? Is the response to a gentle toe pinch equal on both hind legs ?

If you gently pinch her toes on the effected leg does she show normal signs of sensation ? Is the response to a gentle toe pinch equal on both hind legs ?

Just tried, its a tough one to judge cos she had all her toe nails pulled out by her previous owner and she had a really bad foot through urine scauld, so i don't know if the reaction would have been lessened anyways on that foot.

She does pull the leg back, but not just as much as with the unaffected leg.

Could be, what would be the treatment for that? Metacam?

Yes metacam. Its a new one on me too as I was worried Darcy might have it. Pretty Lupin is the expert but I think once it has been confirmed, then there are several other drugs they can use for it.

Why on earth did her previous owner pull her claws out??:shock::cry:

Why on earth did her previous owner pull her claws out??:shock::cry:

The same reason he left her in absolute squaller and she had urine scald all up her back end :(
She looked so bad that it was like her tail was burnt off!
Turned out she never even had a tail!
Kays014x2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

This is why I hate humans. How could someone do that to such a sweet innocent animal. I'm crying I'm so upset. Why do these evil :censored: do it?? I just don't understand and never want to. Animal abusers should get automatic jail time.:cry::cry::cry::cry:

Please can you give Inca a kiss on the nose and nosey rub, cheek tickle and anything else she likes from me and my bunnies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This is the thread I started asking about arthritis last week. I'm only linking it here as Pretty Lupin gave lots of really good advice and information that might help you, whether Inca has it or not.:)

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=276150

Thanks, will have a look through.
I like to go to the vets with the most ideas and questions possible :)

ETA: Looked through that, sounds like a strong possibility. She has put on a small amount of weight recently too, so that might not be helping her. Although the weight is helping her in every other way, typical!

Anyhoo, i will get to the vets and shall see what she thinks.

Thanks x

Last edited:
Well i have the vets tomorrow night, so i hope that she does that thing where she is better miraculously by the time i need to take her to the vets!

Just tried, its a tough one to judge cos she had all her toe nails pulled out by her previous owner and she had a really bad foot through urine scauld, so i don't know if the reaction would have been lessened anyways on that foot.

She does pull the leg back, but not just as much as with the unaffected leg.

Shesh, what is wrong with people. I hope she's ok poor thing.

Shesh, what is wrong with people. I hope she's ok poor thing.

Unfortunately Inca was in a horrible mess when she came into my rescue, somebody took her to the vets saying she was a stray:roll: (we think it was her owner but can't prove anything).

I hope all goes well at the vets tonight let me know how you get on and give her a big snuggle from me:D

Oscar suffers with his back leg (due to muscle wastage from confinement in a small space)and he tends to put his poorly leg stretched right up to his nose to get comfy when he rests.

His is managed on Metacam.

Unfortunately Inca was in a horrible mess when she came into my rescue, somebody took her to the vets saying she was a stray:roll: (we think it was her owner but can't prove anything).

I hope all goes well at the vets tonight let me know how you get on and give her a big snuggle from me:D

She is looking great now, she recently moulted and grew lovely new fur, her flower is looking good and she is a happy bunny. Just this stupid blinking leg!

I will give her a cuddle from auntie Kay :)

Oscar suffers with his back leg (due to muscle wastage from confinement in a small space)and he tends to put his poorly leg stretched right up to his nose to get comfy when he rests.

His is managed on Metacam.

I have a feeling thats what i am going to get at the vets.

Back