• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Getting buns used to their names

Trixielover

Mama Doe
Hi, :wave:
I have recently got 2 buns; Domino and Tallulah. :) They are great and know their new names a tiny bit but do you have any options to get them to know their names. :wave:

I don't really know if this works because I've also only had my rabbits for a few days but I just say their name a lot when I'm around them and I use it in most sentences when I'm around them. I say Good Boy Archie, and Tea Time Archie to one of my rabbits and he's starting to recognize his name now.

I just say their names when i am with them :? :lol: I like to think they know their names :lol:

but I dont think they know its their name... Though George freezes if i shout his name if he is doing something he shouldnt be :oops: :lol:

I do say their names and it's working a little bit but I don't want them to get confused with what name belongs to who. :oops:

What I have done in the past is when I enter their room/space I say 'Hello ....and their name' They seem to associate the welcome and their name with something good. Namely me being there with them, and me being the provider of their food.

It seems to work quite well so far.

Best of luck.

Back