• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What's the worst housing you've seen?

On here, it was a tiny hutch thing, with a tiny run....meant to be attached by barely was. I thought the rabbit was going to get raided by a fox. That person was fortunate, but I have never been so disgusted in my life, any fool should have known it was too small, especially for a meduim-large rabbit.

On here, it was a tiny hutch thing, with a tiny run....meant to be attached by barely was. I thought the rabbit was going to get raided by a fox. That person was fortunate, but I have never been so disgusted in my life, any fool should have known it was too small, especially for a meduim-large rabbit.

Was it on a thread? Could you pm me a link? Thanks :wave:

Alison and I once went to someone's house and found a rabbit living in a small storage box (like the recycling ones) with a bit of mesh over the top...outside!!!
Needless to say we took her, and it turned out she was pregnant :shock:

I have seen hutches outside petshops which are around the same size as a standard cat carrier, they have pictures of bunnies on them, made from thin ply.

This was amongst the worst I have seen two bread trays the thinner one being used as a lid ..in it were two un neutered males who had been constantly fighting..they were part of 21 rabbits we took from one house..two more un neutered boys were in a plastic box smaller than the tray:cry:

tray.jpg

or this which was housing used by a BYB

rescuedc.jpg

Last edited:
This was amongst the worst I have seen two bread trays the thinner one being used as a lid ..in it were two un neutered males who had been constantly fighting..they were part of 21 rabbits we took from one house..two more un neutered boys were in a plastic box smaller than the tray:cry:

tray.jpg

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry: My word. There are no words. :cry::cry:

I remember someone posting a tiny box that had been used as a hutch - was it GeorgieF who posted it? Cant remember now. And someone else who had rescued a bunny that had been being kept in a carrier. :cry::cry:

There are at least 3 petshops in Coventry that sell those 2/3' x 1.5' 'shoeboxes'. That make me feel angry and sick every time I see them. :evil:

Last edited:
or this
it was sold to the lady who gave the bun in when she asked her local pet shop for an indoor rabbit cage..it measure 2 foot by 14 inches and poor Heidi had lived in it for months :(

smallcage.jpg

There was a big rescue operation recently, I forget where, was it Norwich??

Anyway there was a shed full of buns and several of them were living in cardboard boxes and filing cabinets :( :(

or this
it was sold to the lady who gave the bun in when she asked her local pet shop for an indoor rabbit cage..it measure 2 foot by 14 inches and poor Heidi had lived in it for months :(

smallcage.jpg

ohh god, it makes me angry and sad like the others but atleast this one is clean.. the 3 level wooden filth above is horrible!

Back