• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mr Magpie is worrying me!

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
A magpie has been hanging around my garden a lot recently, I might be acting paranoid but I think hes been eyeing up my little Orla. :shock:

My dad says that if given the chance, it would go for Orlas eyes! :shock:

Anyone on here had problems with magpies?

I despise these birds. :evil:

No,I have 3 cats that prowl the garden.The maggies sit in the oak,cackling but never any problems.My buns ran at a squirrel!!!

i used to have one last summer that sat on the fence or shed roof and watched the rabbits.. :?

it couldn't get to them as the shed and run are both quite secure and the dogs are always in and out of the garden which i think kept it at bay.
not sure if they would attack but i didn't like the way it just..... watched. :shock:

not sure if they would attack but i didn't like the way it just..... watched.

This is how im feeling, my dad has a humane trap at the ready if it does swoop at the buns whilst they are free ranging.

Hose pipe is another option also. :lol:

We have a lot of small british birds in our garden & the magpies have eaten their eggs for the past few years. :( Horrid birds. :(

Every morning 2 magpies come sit on my fence as my neighbours have a avairy and i swear they are there waiting for when my neighbours come out to feed their birds. I dont like birds. They give me the creeps but Magpie ewwwww :(

My daughter's teacher has an elderly lop girl bun. The teacher told us in a parents evening just over a week ago that a magpie had attacked the elderly bun's eye and as a result she has lost her eye despite very prompt attention by a vet who is her friend and came around to the house immediately. I believe she said the bun has since been operated on.

We have loads of magpies around here but never saw them as a threat - until now! What a horrible thing to happen.

We did however have a bird of prey sat on the roof watching our buns as they free ranged in the garden last August - we live in a bungalow and the bird was just sat on the edge watching very intently! :shock: This freaked me out completely!

Back