• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Blood for buns

thenamesJT

Mama Doe
Following on from Grins 'Giving blood' thread, if a rabbit loses blood during an op/injury, where would they source blood from?

I know my vets for dogs, get people to donate their pet dogs blood but curious to know if they do this for rabbits?

What an odd thing to come into my head. :?

There are places for dogs.If its a bun, then youd need a donor, ie another bunny from the same family perhaps, or just a suitable donor.
A very good question.So I asked Ian Sayers!!!!:lol::lol:

There are places for dogs.If its a bun, then youd need a donor, ie another bunny from the same family perhaps, or just a suitable donor.
A very good question.So I asked Ian Sayers!!!!

:lol: Hmm, may have to discuss this with my vet next time the buns have a check up! Id be happy to put my buns names down if it meant helping another poorly bun out. :)

Obviously Rodge & Orla would be rewarded with a weeks worth of Fenugreek Crunchies for their donation. :lol:

Back