• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Two become Four (i hope)

Minimallow

Wise Old Thumper
After deciding to take the plunge and introduce my two pairs together it's looking rather good at the moment. Still early days but i put Lucy and Mose (original pair) together with Rupert and Mallow (original pair) yesterday afternoon. 24 hours later although we have had a little bonking and small amount of nipping they do seem really relaxed. Mose has been grooming Mallow, Rupert and Lucy have been grooming each other and so have Lucy and Mallow :love: Mallow is so little and seeing her snuggle in with Lucy is just lovely. We decided to do it for a few reasons. Firstly, with rupert and mallow being indoors we could give them more room outside (we had planned on moving them out this year anyway). Secondly if they do bond well it means rather than build two new enclosures (which was our plans providing hubby could get enough overtime) we can convert the wendy house setup into a much larger space for the four. And lastly it means only two sets so can spend more time with each group if that makes sense - rather than spread our time between three. Fingers crossed it all goes to plan :)

Good luck, I hope it stays good xx

I'm doing the same thing myself and started yesterday too,
but with my lot Cilla is being horrid, :evil: The pther 3 are fine.

I've halved their space today as they were sitting opposite ends of the pen in their original pairs, so not really bonding - with less space they have to be close ;)

You brave lady. :shock: :lol: I hope it all goes smoothly. :D:D

Me too :lol: I wouldn't even have attempted it had sasha been in one of the pairs as i couldn't cope with the stress the little stirrer that she is :lol::love:
She's such a big wimp with people though - just buns shes a bossy boots

Good luck, I hope it stays good xx

I'm doing the same thing myself and started yesterday too,
but with my lot Cilla is being horrid, :evil: The pther 3 are fine.

I've halved their space today as they were sitting opposite ends of the pen in their original pairs, so not really bonding - with less space they have to be close ;)

I had the same trouble previously with one of my other buns, Sasha. She stirred up the trouble and made things more difficult! Mine are only in a 3 foot by 3 foot pen just now which i hate seeing them in. Mose however seems to be enjoying the experience as he's just flopped onto his back and is lying with feet in the air (no he's not dead :lol:) All going well today i'll add another panel in and see how things go. Managed to get a few piccies of them all snuggling so will get them uploaded soon :)

Sending tons and tons of smooth-bonding vibes! :wave: xx

I really hope it works out for you and the bunnies!! :love:

Back