• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Straw or hay?

Straw or Hay?

• Straw

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Hay

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Both

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
All retrospective now...but when I had a piggie, he kept getting mites and we put it down to straw.

Hay's great as it doubles as food!

xx

thier bedroom area is stuffed with straw, I did used to bed them on hay but the hutch turned into a giant litter tray :roll:

Mine have a hidy-house which is made of woven grass and that's full of straw, which they arrange to their liking. The rest of the hutch is towels and blankets. Much easier to clean! If I put hay anywhere other than their litter tray they'd doubtless think it was a new toilet :lol:

Hay,Hay and more hay!! Hay in the playroom, hay in the bedroom and hay in the bathroom!!!
They eat it when dozing, they eat it when pooping and they eat it.......eat it and eat it!!!!:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I use both at the min, only really because my mums neighbour gave me a massive sack of it when her bunny passed away, Ive just been putting a bit in the bedding area along with the hay for extra warmth so it's lasted me for ages, dunno if I'd buy more once its gone, maybe just in winter.

Bedroom - lots of straw
living area - (newspaper), straw then hay on top

:)

Straw is warmer then hay and they dont eat it all!

bedroom - straw as they don't seem to poo in this bit, they would do if i put hay in it and reggie likes making his nest out of it....he is a proper nest builder, if i didn't know better i would think he was a girl!

hay in the litter trays.

I did have a layer of straw on the floor of the hutch over the winter but have had to take it up now as the rabbits were pooing everywhere. i have now got to try and re-litter train them! grrrr!

Back