• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Freckle the Hamster Loves............

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
............narna !! :D

010-46.jpg

012-45.jpg

bless her:love:

i thought narna was a no no for hammies tho as it could get stuck in their pouches? i may have dreamt reading that somewhere tho, sorry:oops: i always give mine the dried bits just in case:)

Just done a bit of Googleing and I cant find anything to say that a Hammie cant eat fresh Banana :?

Bit worried now ................. :?

Can anyone point me towards info re NOT feeding fresh banana please ?

Just done a bit of Googleing and I cant find anything to say that a Hammie cant eat fresh Banana :?

Banana is fine, I think you can get some awful sticky treats with banana in which might be what poppymoon was thinking of :wave: it just needs limiting like any other fresh food. The only worry I would have with banana is something e.g. bedding sticking to it and being ingested by mistake, so I would always take her out and hold her to feed it (as it looks like you're doing anyways :)) and never leave it in the cage :)

Banana is fine, I think you can get some awful sticky treats with banana in which might be what poppymoon was thinking of :wave: it just needs limiting like any other fresh food. The only worry I would have with banana is something e.g. bedding sticking to it and being ingested by mistake, so I would always take her out and hold her to feed it (as it looks like you're doing anyways :)) and never leave it in the cage :)

Ok, thank you. I fear Freckle would leave home if I stopped giving her a slice of narna!! She only gets a couple of slices a week :)

I thought the same as Poppymoon - that banana itself is safe to eat but you just need to exercise caution so that they don't pouch it...... although typically I can't find anything online now to back that up. :oops: :roll:

I think it's because banana is quite a sticky/gloopy food and the cheek pouches are dry (not moist like humans) - Snickers still has banana but we give her a huge piece so that she's forced to nibble on it rather than stuff the whole lot in at once..... it doesn't stop her trying though. :lol:

Freckle is as gorgeous as ever. :love::love:

many apologies for causing alarm.
just something stuck in the back of my foggy brain that narna isn't the best but i suppose if its nibbled and swallowed immediately, it wouldn't be a problem.

again, sorry for the confusion. i'll butt out:oops:

Come back Wendy. :wave: :lol::lol:

Just wanted to add as I didn't make it clear - we give Snickers a huge piece of banana but she doesn't get to eat it all, we have to wrestle it back from her. :lol:

Come back Wendy. :wave: :lol::lol:

Just wanted to add as I didn't make it clear - we give Snickers a huge piece of banana but she doesn't get to eat it all, we have to wrestle it back from her. :lol:

No way would I try to get narna back off Freckle.......... :shock:

My life would be at risk !! :lol:

:lol::lol::lol: I know exactly what you mean. It's surprising what a strong grip they seem to have too. :lol::lol:

:love::love::love::love:

Freckle is as gorgeous as always!! :D
Sounds like she really enjoys her narnas!!

I agree that hammys have a surprisingly strong grip when it comes to yummy nom noms :shock: :lol:
Phoebe has learnt to bite the big nom noms quickly and store it in her pouch :shock: Instead of running round like a looney with it in her mouth :lol:

Back