• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

When to go out?

becky963

Warren Scout
I brought Cloud in at the beginning of December as it was so cold here and we sadly lost his wifebun and he wasn't coping. He has since found a new wife bun and am wondering as it's warming up a bit when can they go back into the shed? They have free range of the upsatirs and Cloud is very happy, but I can't help thinking his wife would like to be back outside!!

I'd begin by putting them in thier run during the day so they get some outside time.. its still dropping to around 3 or 4 degs on a night which is a big difference from inside... we have an unheated room which gets to around 12 degrees this time of year at its coldest so it would be a bit of a shock.. they won't have the fur...

give it a couple of weeks of them being out during the day before you pop them in thier shed xx

Mine are in the conservatory at the moment, but have been bouncing around the garden on the nice days. I'll put them back to their 'base' in the garage when the risk of frosts has gone, probably mid-end April perhaps (shall monitor weather accordingly!).

006-2.jpg

It's still quite cold outside at night. The other day is was 2 degrees out there so I don't think quite yet.

Back