• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What to do with bun when it goes to Bridge

Cornishlass

Mama Doe
If you are not allowed to bury them in the garden what do you do? I am just planning ahead - but can't bear the thought...

I had my boy individually cremated and i have his ashes in a lovely box beside my bed.

:cry: I left my two with the vet to deal with. :cry: Am I a bad person for ot doing something individual with them?:oops:

:cry: I left my two with the vet to deal with. :cry: Am I a bad person for ot doing something individual with them?:oops:

Not at all. Some people cant cope with doing anything with them. The thought gives me shivers too.

At least you can remember them in their happy times xxxxx

Not at all. Some people cant cope with doing anything with them. The thought gives me shivers too.

I left my Sooty (cat) at the vet, but to this day I dont know why?! She is the only one Ive left and I have really regretted it ever since :cry: I was absolutely distraught at the time and left sobbing and that's all I can put it down to!

Although it's very morbid I think it's good to plan what you will do in advance while in a sensible state of mind! If pts is needed I will have a vet come to my house and request a GA combo of dormitor and ketamine first to reduce any stress. My babies will be cremated so they will always be with me even if I move house!

Last edited:
i had a small amount of Pearl's fur shaved and then had a pendant made. i didn't get the body back from the vets, ashes creep me right out and i don't want them in the house with me. my dad was in the spare room for almost a year and it was a relief when we finally took him to be scattered.

my cat was not cremated but was buried in my moms garden because both her and my brother wanted him back, i would of left him at the vets to be cremated if it was just my choice.

I can bury mine but was thinking - what about those that rent houses? Would you be allowed? It was just a passing thought... I hope I don't have to worry about that for a long time yet! xx

Mr Cookie Bun is buried in the rockery beside the lavender he loved pinching :D But if he couldn't have went in the garden I'd have had him cremated. I have my old dog Willow's ashes in a snowglobe.

I can bury mine but was thinking - what about those that rent houses? Would you be allowed? It was just a passing thought... I hope I don't have to worry about that for a long time yet! xx

i think the issue with rented houses is one day you would have to leave your pet when you move.

i think its bunnybekkie who burys her angels in huge pots and then puts a plant in with them so when she eventually moves they can go with her.

Thanks guys, don't feel so bad now!

Like Donammt, when my horse had to be pts because he had severe colic I cut a piece of his mane and have it as a keepsake. :cry:

We had my first bunny Homer cremated and then we bought a bush for the garden and placed his ashes in the ground and and the bush on top. My mum and dad will be moving house soon and my mum asked if I wanted her to take the bush but we decided he should stay in his garden where he always played. You could do something similar and you could always take the bush if you moved or you could plant the ashes in a pot with plants and that way you could always take it with you.

I had my Tilly individually cremated and have her ashes in my living room. I find it comforting to have her with me, at the time it was me clinging on to her :cry: Ive just moved house and am so happy I could take her with us :D

Honey was individually cremated. We still have her ashes nearly 18 months on, im looking for a nice tree to plant over her ashes but ive not found the right one yet.

My family dog died last year, and my grandad and mum left her at the vets (after i had told them i wanted her individually cremated) still upsets me now. :cry:

I can't do cremation as its too far, so everyone has been buried so far. My problem now is I've had so many pets I worry when I bury another one I'll dig someone else up :shock:

I think in the future, with the smaller animals anyway, I may bury them in a plantpot and a flower of sorts on the top. I only learnt that since joining here, and I think its a nice idea.

Im either going to have them cremated (deffinatly Sebastian) or bury them in a huge plant pot :)

I'd quite like to cremate Sebastian and Mae and mix thier ashes once they have both gone so they are together again :love:

So far all my pets have been left at the vets & my horse who was pts went to the hunt... Before anyone thinks that's wrong, she was a fab horse & we had many a happy day out hunting, so I thought it was a very fitting end... Anyway..... My dad passed away 3 years ago & he was cremated - I STILL have his ashes because I can't bring my self to do anything with them - there are times when I wish he'd been buried, so I didn't have to think about it - sadly, my dad knew he was dying & chose to be cremated :cry: My brother thinks I'm crazy for being so sentimental as dad isn't 'here' anymore....

I didn't even realise I had a sentimental bone in my body until dad passed away...

I don't like the idea of burying an animal in the ground - it gives me the creeps :roll:
But given that I can't part with dad's ashes I have no idea what I will do when my current animals go....:? x

When my doggie started to get old I always said I would have her cremated and scatter her ashes on the fields she loved to play in,.

When the time came,, I knew I just couldn't leave her at the vets and walk away, so I had the vet come to the house, but then I couldn't let him take her away from home either! So she is burried on the front garden with 'her fields' just over the road, and I get to 'see' her every time I leave or enter the house (which I love)

It does stop me ever wanting to move house tho, but then this post (below) has just made me feel better about it - thank you xxx

carbafe said:
We had my first bunny Homer cremated and then we bought a bush for the garden and placed his ashes in the ground and and the bush on top. My mum and dad will be moving house soon and my mum asked if I wanted her to take the bush but we decided he should stay in his garden where he always played.

ETA - every pet I have owned in the last 30 years is burried in this garden - if ever they pull this house down in the future, they will think it's a pet buriel ground!

Last edited:
You can legally bury pets in your garden, but there are pet cemeterys in some parts of the country too- you would need to ask your local council.
sue:wave:

Back