• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How much fluff?

scotlass

Mama Doe
:shock: As a newish bunny mummy, this is the first time I have experienced a full blown moult. We had a mini one when Roxy's winter coat came in but that was nothing compared to this, I have never seen so much hair! Every time she moves she leaves a white cloud in her wake and when I brush her or stroke her it's coming out in tufts. I realise that most of you will be used to this, but like I said, this is the first time I have experienced it and I find it remarkable.

She is currently rocking the moth-eaten look :love::love::love:

It's unbelievable how much they can produce, isn't it :shock:

I put it outside in a bird feeder so the birds can use it to line thir nests.

Crazy, isn't it! :shock: Just tell your friends when you catch them staring that your jumper is 'angora'! ;):lol:

If she's at the tuft stage you might get further plucking rather than brushing. Literally just pinch tufts and you'll end up with a big pile. Obviously don't pull hard but a lot of it will be not attached to the skin, just caught in the fur, and you can pull it out by the handful :lol:

Hehe, it's quite amazing isn't it!
I'm sure I could make several extra bunnies out of the fur Pipkin produces. :lol:

Back