• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Patience, I guess...

As of 2 weeks ago, we have a new bun, Lexi, wonderfully bonded to our little Jeff by Sonya @ Bunny Camp in Leeds (thank you Sonya!).... :)

She's still so timid around us, particularly me...my daughter has had a few kisses from her (on Lexi's terms), but I think she just sees me as the food bringer/poop clearer/hay replenisher....and seemed to get quite jealous yesterday when Jeff was giving me lots of kisses when I was sat in the run with them.

I'm happy to spend as much time as it takes with her to get her feeling comfortable with me...but it's hard when you have to pick them up every day to check their bottoms and they just look terrified.

She's so different to Jeff. I don't think he was ever shy...from day one he crawled and jumped on us.

She's a lovely girl though, and it's smashing to see her and Jeff happy together. :love:

....patience I guess.....

DSCF0149-1.jpg

It does take a while for prey animals to come round. At least a few months to show you their true personality. But it's worth it. :)

And they are a very cute couple.

Aww, they look so happy together! Yes, patience, and also bribery! Fenugreek crunchies will win her over in no time! :lol:

Aww, they look so happy together! Yes, patience, and also bribery! Fenugreek crunchies will win her over in no time! :lol:

Yes, am hoping bribery works....she'll come and take the yummy apple sticks we got from Fluffers out of my hand, and lets me stroke her now and then, but runs away more often than not.

Back