• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Your hutches & runs!

nessar

Warren Veteran
I am just being nosy really, been toying with the idea of getting a hutch and run eventually in a year or so, i love housebuns but it might not be possible in the future, so I wanted to know how much I would need to save up :) I had a look online but its so confusing. And I love hearing about peoples setups on here.

So let me know all about your setups :D sizes too if possible :wave: Approximate prices are fine, and I know its cheeky asking how much they cost so you dont have to :oops:

I know everyone loves photos so you can always post some if you like? :)

Last edited:
I spent a lot and have managed to end up with a set-up that doesn't really meet RWA or most rescoe standards. Spenser has a 5 feet hutch with underrun - £300 (Ryedale hutches are really solid, but not cheap). The theraml cover was another £100. He doesn't have a proper run, just a Trixie pen - about £40 I think. I'd like a covered run with a wood frame, but it's not my garden! Will try to add a piccie. :wave:

P1090373.jpg

Last edited:
Hutch, £200 200x93x146

GrassHutch.JPG

Hutch cover, £40
Polystyrene insulation in roof and under cover, £15
Run, £70 216cm x 116 x 65cm
Cover for run, £10 waterproof picnic blanket and clothes pegs
Wooden house for run, £40

£375 in total but lots of flexibility. So that's why I have no money:oops:

I have a pets at home two tier hutch its was on special for £100.00 and then I made my run. Wood, wire and felt proabably came to about £70 possibly more as we already had the felt so didn't need to buy any. A LOT of people disagree with the chicken wire but my garden is pretty secure with high fences and a padlocked gate and I think the amount of freedom/space they have is worth the risk. There is a gate fixed in the bottom of the rum which opens out to an additional metal pen on to the grass made with the pets at home kits. I have about three in total so the space can just grow and grow. They only go on the grass supervised though. The hutch with attached run gives them roughly 5x7 ft when the gate is open they get an additional 4x8ft.

There is corrugated plastic on the open top part now
026.jpg

027.jpg

Where the gate opens on to the metal pen
06102010125.jpg

Don't know if you are interested in a shed and run, but here goes.

Its an 8x6 shed, and 8x6 run, it shares the same base. It cost just over £1000, very good quality and custom designed and built.

S7301125.jpg

S7301127.jpg

S7301122.jpg

ETA: Pics were taken before the bunnies moved in, its never this clean and tidy nowadays. :lol:

Indoors:

LOPS:

Main area - litter tray in the corner
413675e7.jpg

Other side of the bed - duvet that is now covered with towels as mine are a bit messy with cecals :roll:
48ad3354.jpg

This is where they like to sleep during the day - they also use the chair to get on my bed along with the ramp shown in the first picture
2ffd2619.jpg

Tunnel under the bed:
712dd051.jpg

Food storage in the wardrobe:
6d8a4f26.jpg

LIONHEADS:

This has moved around slightly since this pic was taken but has all the same things in - food storage in the ottoman
6ae2dd95.jpg

Their cosy place under the table and hay storage on top
009104f5.jpg

Storage in the ottoman
1956e4b0.jpg

Outdoor run:

Always used with supervision, have netting for the untarped area
178b9284.jpg

043dfa36.jpg

Last edited:
I have a 5x2x4ft pets@home hutch which cost me like £100-120 (waste of money :roll::lol: ) and my dad made my run which is 7ftx4ftx2ft which cost £60 to make from scratch, with weld mesh :)

I want to move them into a shed with the run attached to it :)

sl4dur.jpg

Don't know if you are interested in a shed and run, but here goes.

Its an 8x6 shed, and 8x6 run, it shares the same base. It cost just over £1000, very good quality and custom designed and built.

S7301125.jpg

S7301127.jpg

S7301122.jpg

ETA: Pics were taken before the bunnies moved in, its never this clean and tidy nowadays. :lol:

This looks amazing!

DSC04552_zps7085f00a.jpg

Mine is three kennel/enclosures and a shed/enclosure - cost just shy of £3k including all the groundworks

It's lovely to see everyone's housing :thumb:

This thread is from 2011 though, my buns are actually outside now :lol:

Back