• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Am I just weird? (Checking the hutch)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Before I shut the rabbits in the hutch I have to check the sleeping area for cats. :shock:

I've never found a cat in the hutch but if I don't check I can't stop worrying and I have to go back to make sure.

I check for spiders - I have no idea if rabbits bother about spiders, but there's no way I could sleep with one in my bedroom, urgh!

Before I shut the rabbits in the hutch I have to check the sleeping area for cats. :shock:

I've never found a cat in the hutch but if I don't check I can't stop worrying and I have to go back to make sure.

I check too!! But then, I'm paranoid!! :lol:

If theres a chance some animal could have got in then I think its good to check. Spiders though? I would be happy of a spider was living with my buns. Reduce the risk of fly strike ;)

If Bramble has been free ranging and his hutch door was left open, I check there are no cats in there before he goes back in.

I always check for cats too. But then I have cats, and they like to sleep in the hutches! In fact Salem was having a little snooze in there this afternoon! :lol:

You aren't strange, my cat was sat in the piggy hutch once... with the piggies inside! :oops: Also my friend's cat likes to sleep in their piggy hutch, when the pigs are out though! :lol:

That is a bit strange. Any reason?

The only thing I can think is that my first rabbit Lopsie free ranged most of the day in a huge garden. One day a fox chased him into his hutch. I heard some weird noises and ran out. I scared the fox and it jumped out of the hutch and scarpered. I was just in time as it had actually began to bit Lopsie. He had four small incisions on his back, but he was so scared I knew taking him to the vets would make it worse. I cleaned him up with salt water but he wouldn't calm down. In the end I had to give him chocolate to calm him down. It was horrible.

But I just always imagine that there's a cat sleeping in their sleeping area... even though cats don't come into our garden.

we have 3-4 cats that prowl round the hutch and run area im forever paranoid that they will pull a baby bun through the bars although they wont fit through...
i understand your worry we all worry so much about different things when it comes to our furry friends

I used to find my first rabbit cwtched up in her hutch with one of the neighbourhood cats! :lol: I used to have to check!

Back