• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Humping has begun again :o(

ripminnie

Wise Old Thumper
Well Olly and Honey have settled into their big new room, but now Olly has started humping again :( it seems to be just when I go in the room though :? They are generally sitting snuggled up or at least close together when I open the door, but as soon as Olly sees me he goes mental and jumps on Honey. And if she lies down he scrabbles at her belly to make her get up, it's horrible :( she runs away and looks sad. Do you think he'll calm down soon? He's being very naughty :(

I have no answer for you but Lucky keeps trying to hump Daisy - he's quite a bit smaller than her so it can look quite funny but Daisy looks sooo sad. :( I'm hoping he'll calm down. I chuck him a cushion and he has a good go at that but i do wonder what happens when i'm not around. I'm sure he cant be doing it for just my benefit! :roll:

Well everything is a lot calmer today :) there's now no mad humping when I go in the room, Although Honey was humping Olly this morning :lol: getting her own back!! Olly still grunts at her a bit but he's loads better than yesterday :) so I can stop worrying again for a bit!

Its a new bond. It's going to carry on like this for weeks, if not months most likely :wave:

As long as they aren't fighting, be happy they are feeling 'bunny' :D

Its a new bond. It's going to carry on like this for weeks, if not months most likely :wave:

As long as they aren't fighting, be happy they are feeling 'bunny' :D

It just all kicks off when I increase their space, but they've got the whole room now so that's it :) I think they'll be ok. Until we let them onto the landing... :lol:

Hope they've settled down now :)

We got our bunnies 3 1/2 weeks ago from the RSPCA who bonded them for us, we were allowed to bring them home after 2 1/2 weeks of them being together. Rupert kept trying to hump Tia for the first couple of days but its settled down...

Then this morning, my beautiful, sweet baby Tia PINNED rupert down and was humping his head! poor fella didnt know what was going on!

ps: Rupert is a 1 yr old (approx) dutch cross, Tia is a 7 mth old (approx) beige lop :D

was quite funny to watch but i think he got a bit of a shock bless him, he even gave me a cuddle!

Ha ha funnily enough, Honey is doing the humping today! She was giving Poor Olly a right seeing to this morning! I think they've had a role reversal... :?

.....Spring is in the air for all of them at the moment I think! I have 2 neutered French Lop girls (both around 6kg) ...and there has definately been an increase in the "humping scenario" since the sunshine this week :shock::shock:

I had them both done back in December, they were all booked in for a certain date - but then suddenly one morning Custard started humping her half-sister and a fight was just about to start - so I got them done the next day. Unfortunately, I would say it does take a while for the humping to stop after neutering - Custard does still do it occasionlly, and a slight increase recently since the sun's been out.

I tend to do a "NO CUSTARD" in a semi-shout voice and she gets off(!) and leaves Roobarb alone.

...bless the naughty Buns :love:

carlo likes to stake his claim on his woman when he see's me, and they have been bonded a year. Sounds normal to me

Back