• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Tilly - Not Quite Right

Charlotte333

Warren Scout
Tilly is a one year old Lionhead who is bonded with Smudge.

Normally she is lively and confident bunny who comes to the front of the cage for feeding. Over the last two days she has been quiet and runs away when I go to feed them. Eventually she has come to the front of the hutch to feed after about ten minutes. She appears to be drinking and pooing but it is difficult to judge with two rabbits in the hutch.

I took Smudge and Tilly to the vets this evening. The vet was happy to give Tilly her the Myxi jab as she appears to be ok. The vet gave her a good phyisical examination including her teeth but said to keep an eye of her for a couple of days and to bring her back if she stops eating

I'm now not sure what I should be doing or asking the vets to do? I'm planning of giving Tilly some fibreplex in about an hour?

could anything of scared her or made her anexious? somtimes if something has scared them they feel unsafe to eat. If she is still eating and pooing (normal big golden poops) then i would be reluctant to stress her by syringing.

could anything of scared her or made her anexious? somtimes if something has scared them they feel unsafe to eat. If she is still eating and pooing (normal big golden poops) then i would be reluctant to stress her by syringing.

I'm not aware of anything that could of scared Tilly but it is difficult to tell as they are outdoor rabbits. They are in a 5.5ft by 2.5ft x 2 levels and got out in a separate run with shelter everyday.

I'm not sure how I can make her feel more secure:( Thanks for your reply:):)

Anyone else?:wave::wave:

Tilly hasn't eaten or pooed since this evening. I've brought Tilly and Smudge inside this evening so I can keep an eye on them. I've syringed fed Tilly at 9 pm and 1.30 with fibreplex and water.

I'm taking Tilly back to the vets at 9 am. What should I expect them to do i.e. pain killers etc?

Help:(:(:(

Back