• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Runny bum ?

CharlotteMc

Mama Doe
harry has abit of a runny bum and its quite liquidy. The vets are shut so they cant see him. Is there anything I can give him to help ?

I think he might have it beasue I have changed their diet recently to less pellets and more hay. plus I have changed their hay :)

I wouldn't have thought hay would have caused an upset, but I am no expert. Might he have eaten something he shouldn't have?

Bless him. I'm afraid I don't know what to suggest, but I'm sure someone on here will be able to help. Could you take him to the emergency vets - I know the charges are shocking, but if you are worried.

Not sure as I am only 15 so I dont pay :( Is there something I could add to his water like pinapple juice or something ?

Diarrhoea in rabbits is extremely serious. If it were me, I would be rushing to the emergency vet.

The wierd thing is , is that he isnt doing it in the hutch only when he is on the patio :? Plus he is eating and drining and is doing normal poos :S

The vets asked if he was eating and drinking and I said yeah. He said to call again tommrrow if he hasnt improved :)

Sorry, but if one of my bunnies had diarrhoea, I wouldn't be happy with this advice. They can go downhill extremely quickly. Is he a rabbit-savvy vet?

Sorry, but if one of my bunnies had diarrhoea, I wouldn't be happy with this advice. They can go downhill extremely quickly. Is he a rabbit-savvy vet?

He seems to be fine now actually his normal self. He only did it on the patio and has now been in his hutch all day and hasnt done it in there :?

I will keep an eye on him and infact i dont even think its diareah. he did raid the treat box yesterday when I left it on the floor. he is doing nice and good normal pos now. If it happens again iw ill take him to the vets .

Back