• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Amber keeps lunging at my hand when I feed her

sally1974

Wise Old Thumper
I put some veggies in for Amber today and she sat on her back feet and used her two front feet to have a go at my hand. I thought maybe it was a one off so I picked up one of her veggies and she did it again :-\ What can I do to stop it?

Its a common thing for a bunny to do when they are in their hutch/cage and your big hand comes and trespasses their area. Even though you are just bringing some nice food and cleaning they can get territorial. Dont take it to heart its not personal.

Something I have found is the bigger the space you give a rabbit the less territorial they are with you.

Its a common thing for a bunny to do when they are in their hutch/cage and your big hand comes and trespasses their area. Even though you are just bringing some nice food and cleaning they can get territorial. Dont take it to heart its not personal.

I didn't realise that was the reason. I thought Ollie just hated me :lol:

But thinking about it he only does it when he's in the hutch and gives a little shimmy when he sees me and he's in the run :D so he can't hate me all together, :lol:

I didn't realise that was the reason. I thought Ollie just hated me :lol:

But thinking about it he only does it when he's in the hutch and gives a little shimmy when he sees me and he's in the run :D so he can't hate me all together, :lol:

OOoh no he doesn't hate you at all!:D He is just being rabbity over his hutch. Lots of them do this. Has he been neutured yet?

milly is a bit of monster like that:shock:, ive never had a bunster make any noise really but shes always grunting about something or other:roll::shock:, shes like a spoilt child!:lol:

Phew thought maybe it was just me:lol::lol: she is the biggest cuddle bun ever which I love just obviously is a bit touchy when it comes to her food:lol:

Has he been neutured yet?

Yes a long time ago. To be honest, its only started happening recently since I've had to catch him to administer meds. I have to do this from the hutch as the run has too many hidey places and I can't catch him.

So even if I'm just putting hay in or something he lets me know I'm unwelcome if he's in there.

Back