• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

hay question

I get the baled hay from a mate of my dads who runs a small farm and it's £3.50 for a bale. It's much fresher than bagged hay (I was paying over £20 for the same amount of bagged stuff too)

i pay 6.50 for a bale. i get it from an equine store. its alot dustier than bagged hay because they don't extract the dust like they do with the stuff you buy from petshops. other than that i cant really think of any differences :? apart from the cost ofcourse :lol:

I get bales of meadow hay from dustfree.co.uk and a massive box of Orchard Grass Hay from thehayexperts.co.uk :)

A local farm sells us bales of hay for £3. Its the best quality hay I've ever used, and its not at all dusty. The buns love this more than any other hay we've had.

Currently I pay £6.75 but the price has fluctuated in the past 18 months from between £4.75 and £7.

Thankyou I know some have you have said this but can you get bales with out dust??

I doubt it very much. But with bales the dust kinda sheds, if that makes sense, so most of the dust will naturally migrate to the bottom of whatever you are keeping it in. I just make sure I don't use the bottom 'dregs' and don't have a problem with it on the whole. I did have one particularly dusty bale once so I got a tarp and just shook it out on the tarp and then bagged it in old megazorb sacks.

Back