• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poor lil nethies

shazlew

Warren Scout
Thought i would show you these poor lil guys that arrived to live with me on Saturday.
My lad spotted an ad for some netherland babies and as they was right near my sister i thought she could collect and bring them to me.
I was going to get 2 little chin girls to start with until i spoke with this woman and she told me what else she had so i ended up taking her breeding stock which was 2 does and a buck and 1 chin baby.
Now you got to understand i didnt see these rabbits they was half the way over the other side of the country so it was only via text i spoke to her as it seemed the only way this woman wanted to talk? even email wasnt working but whatever my sister collected them and brought them to me.
Firsty we have the little black doe in pictures ( none of these are named yet) she is covered in white hairs some large patches scar fur so im guessing she was bashed up a lot and has a few scabs on her so could even be recent?
You couldnt even see her bits (genitals ) they was a massive scab how she is pooping and weeing is beyond me :(
She has vents which has been left some time as its now on her face and her eyes are all mucky.
Then we have the buck he is also pretty much in same state with white hairs and bits totally sealed up and seems in a lot of pain with it.
Then we have the white doe which is also the mum of the babies i first mentioned the kits can only be about 5 weeks so imagine if i had just took the 2 and had them travel all this way.
God knows what will happen to the others im guessing they are in for a rough old start in life if they make it :( mum is also sealed up with vents so baby will have it too now.
All 3 adults have been vets and had the first does of penicillin and had the over grown nails clipped and a good clean up and nice run which was great watching them skip about.
Mum kept attacking the baby so now his being fostered for time being by an old g pig boar who is spending all his time cleaning him and showing baby how to find bottle and food :)
hoping this will work for next couple weeks till baby is stronger.
But you know the worse part of this?
This bloody woman have loads more rabbits turning them out with little care to where they go really after all she didnt even know me nor did she know where this lot was going :(
Its people like her that give breeders bad names thats for sure as i know many and not all are like this.
<removed>
seems such a nice person reading this?
<removed>
Might even be a member here and if she is least people will know what sort of owner she is.
But im happy these little guys got out and have a chance in life now at least
so here they are nameless until i make my mind up
rabs054.jpg

rabs047.jpg

rabs031.jpg

no pics of baby yet i thought i took one

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh my goodness. :cry: People are just so :evil:. I'm really glad to hear they are with you now.

They are cute. :love::love:

Oh they are just darlings, well done for taking them in, would be nice to see some more pics when they are more settled.

What an awful woman, how can she live with herself??

You know what made it worse?
It was the fact when i messaged her to say about this and how unhappy i was the reply was
'the bunnies was all healthy ive never had a problem with them
we check them all the time for loose stools and all have been fine'

now where anywhere above did i mention stools?
people like that make me so so cross she doesn't even have a clue what i was telling her when i complained yet loads more buns sit there and suffer :(

Back