• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Suggestions On how I get two house buns used to grass

Shellypops

Wise Old Thumper
So my mum now has my collapsable run at hers, which is five mins down the road from where I live.

I would love for Bobs and Carlo to have some outdoor excercise, and I haven't got a garden :cry:

So I am going to take them to mums a couple of times a week, for a run round.

now they have had grass before, as I usually feed a bit in the summer with their greens. But I don't want them to get upset tums, so how long should I let them have a nom? at first?

Shameless bump there :p

20-30 minute bursts, is what i'll be doing :wave:

Need to limit the grass at this time of year, as Spring Grass is really rich.

Shameless bump there :p

20-30 minute bursts, is what i'll be doing :wave:

Need to limit the grass at this time of year, as Spring Grass is really rich.

yes I had five mins free and I wanted to know the answer to my ponderings, I may start adding some with greens before we go ahead :D

My lops have had a couple of days at 30 minutes and then yesterday was about 45mins to an hour. No ill effects. :thumb:

So can Mini but she seems to have been ok. The only thing, that I've just remembered, was one of them left a cecal yesterday afternoon (which I trod in :roll::evil:) but her bums been fine.

So can Mini but she seems to have been ok. The only thing, that I've just remembered, was one of them left a cecal yesterday afternoon (which I trod in :roll::evil:) but her bums been fine.

Okay well I think I will start adding a bit of grass in with their hay, and go from there, thanks guys

Yeah I just start by picking it and bringing it in for them, and then after a while they have short bursts on the grass and build it up from there.

The really odd thing is that I wash the grass when I pick it for them - which is silly as I dont wash the lawn before they go on it! :lol::lol::lol::roll::oops:

Yeah I just start by picking it and bringing it in for them, and then after a while they have short bursts on the grass and build it up from there.

The really odd thing is that I wash the grass when I pick it for them - which is silly as I dont wash the lawn before they go on it! :lol::lol::lol::roll::oops:

I do that too :oops::lol:

I just let mine out for 45mins every now and again and so far so good. They don't really eat much of the grass though, Maisie espeically will go hunt for some dandelions or something to munch instead.

I just let mine out for 45mins every now and again and so far so good. They don't really eat much of the grass though, Maisie espeically will go hunt for some dandelions or something to munch instead.

Oh I think my two will have spend the whole time nomming I am pretty sure of that

Back