• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How long would you leave rabbits for?

chul

Staff member
I'm going away for the first time since getting Bunsk (and Belle) and my sister is hopefully coming round to feed and let out the buns and other pets.

I was wondering how many times she should come?

We are leaving late friday eve and coming back sunday eve.

I'm going away for the first time since getting Bunsk (and Belle) and my sister is hopefully coming round to feed and let out the buns and other pets.

I was wondering how many times she should come?

We are leaving late friday eve and coming back sunday eve.

i would say atleast twice a day, once in the afternoon to give them attention and cuddles ect.. and then once in the evening to feed them ect :)

Twice a day. First thing in morning for cleaning litter trays, fresh water, hay and food plus whatever meds. Check each bun is eating etc.

Same again at night:)

Thats what I do anyway.

Thanks guys, im thinking they would be fine on the Friday if fed/watered/hayed before we left, then twice on Saturday and once on Sunday?

I'd think twice a day too...

Im leaving daughter incharge of animals when we go away at the end of the month. Ive a sneaking feeling the animals will take over the house!:p

Rach x

I would say twice a day... i worked full time until my mat leave so the buns would be put in thier runs, fed etc at around 8am, hubs would check all ok if he was on a late shift around 11am, if not they wouldn't be seen until 6pm.

When I went to Italy, my brother came twice a day to emulate our routine. I don't see why she would need to come any more frequently than you check on them.

I've never left my bunnies really, if I have to go somewhere I take to my parents or my brother Gavin (daddy to Penny and Harry the housebuns). In a day I wouldn't even leave my buns 6 hours :oops:

I would say twice a day too - lots of people are out at work all day and so would only be around to check on their bunnies in the morning and evening anyway. :)

If we are just away for a weekend, we get Mum's and Dad's to come in twice a day - they usually work out a rota between them!

If we are away for a week or more, we take Bramble over to my OH's Mum and Dad's house - hutch, run the lot! They love having him to stay.

Back