• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Adopting a bunny

shelley

Mama Doe
Hi guys,

I didnt know where to put this thread so apologies to the mods if its in the wrong place! As you all know i recently got my first house bunny, Buster, a male dwarf lop. He's booked into be neutered on thursday and in a couple of months time i will probably be on the look out for a lady friend for him. However this time i want to rescue one from a centre. The only problem is i dont have any centres that are close to me and i dont drive. I wouldnt like to rely on others to get me there and back either as the closest one from me is quite a journey away and i may have to go a few times. Is there anyway other i can go about doing it? Am i able to search for fosterers that may be closer? My Pets at home has an adoption center within it which is where i got Buster from but that would mean just waiting until the right bunny comes along as they generally sell them in pairs or un neutered. Im looking for a dwarf spayed female (any breed really as long as it stays small) and she needs to be friendly as i have a young child, although they aren't being bought for him and he doesnt come into contact with Buster much i dont want a rabbit that might bite him if he puts his hand through the baby gate to stroke them or anything.

Thanks

Shelley

You could speak to a few of the rescues on here. Honeybunnys as an example rehome nationally, and bunny runs can be arranged etc.

Jill (honeybunny) on RU runs this rescue and they are very kind and helpful and can advise on your accomodation / setup etc.

I'd recommend you PM Jill and take it from there.

There are lots of other rescues who rehome nationally also, but their names slip my mind right now :oops:

Oh well done! Ive never heard of this centre before, our previous rescue pets have either been adopted from last chance animal rescue in kent or from godstone animal rescue but they are a bit far. I cant believe your in Horsham too! Small world lol. I will give them a call!

Let us know how you get on. I didn't know we had a local rescue either until after a lot of searching! I've just PM'd you a link to a good local vets too, just opened today, which I hope is helpful.

Yeh i will do, i cant wait to look for another bunny for Buster. Just nervous about his op at th moment. Fingers crossed all will go well and we can start looking for another bunny at the end of next month

Back