• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

After neuter bonding

missFloppyears

Warren Veteran
Jays been neutered for 3 weeks today im reading on the internet on rabbit savvy vet sites that jay can go back with female now?
as the sperm is now dead? im sure someone here said 6-8 weeks?

I'd wait 6 weeks minimum.

My vet told me its very unlikely after 4 weeks but possible.

3 weeks is definately not long enough.

:wave: I would definately advise you to get your female spayed :) Not only will it dramatically reduce the risk of hormone related behaviour it will eliminate the very high risk of uterine cancer too :)

:wave: I would definately advise you to get your female spayed :) Not only will it dramatically reduce the risk of hormone related behaviour it will eliminate the very high risk of uterine cancer too :)

My female had a litter of 6 kitts and cant be spayed until babies have weaned...
but female in question im considering bonding him too was only rescued yesterday..:roll:

:wave: Ok, I hadn't realised that you have babies too.
Is your rescued female spayed? If not I would get her spayed before bonding so you don't have to risk their bond when she does get spayed :) x

Back