• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Worried..........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Just read an advert for a 12 week old Rabbit for sale. Ad' ends 'must go by Thursday as going on Holiday'.................. :?

That is alarming :?

Could anyone take him in? Or, offer to look after him while the "owner" is on holiday, if he's not been homed by then?

Oh no-I hope the bunny gets a nice home-and doesn't get left alone while the horrible owner goes on holiday :( That is worrying :(

Just out of interest, how long would a bunny survive without food or water? :oops:
Whereabouts is the bunny, if you can say?

I saw one like that last year, I tried contacting the person to offer to look after the bun while they were away but they never bothered to answer :?

Hope that poor finds a good home :(

I emailed seller to say the wording of the ad' was concerning and that I hoped appropriate care had been arranged should the Rabbit not be sold by Thursday.

I'll probably get abuse for doing so, but it's all I can do. I cant even pass on a link to RR as they want money for the Bun :cry:

I emailed seller to say the wording of the ad' was concerning and that I hoped appropriate care had been arranged should the Rabbit not be sold by Thursday.

I'll probably get abuse for doing so, but it's all I can do. I cant even pass on a link to RR as they want money for the Bun :cry:
:shock:

They want money!!

The poor thing. I hope he finds a loving home xx

Hope the bun finds a good home. It makes me so sad that people don't value their pets. Mine bring me so much happiness that I feel it's my job to make sure they are looked after well and have a nice space to live. I really don't understand how others can think of their animals as an inconvenience.

TBH I would take it with a pinch of salt. I have been dealing with the free ads on here for years and so many of the adverts are just lies to make people panic and worry about their buns so they get bought sooner :(

I've responded to a lot of freeads giving advice and most people respond politely especially if you word it nicely in the first place;)

Unfortunately a lot of the adverts are genuine and people will carry out their threats and set the rabbits free or give them to the first person that comes along:?

I collected my Basil from one of the roughest areas in Nottingham, he was living with a guinea pig in a filthy tiny hutch, he was just over a year old and had never been out of the hutch, his legs had muscle waste and he had dental problems:?

I now look at the adverts and try to find out where they are, if it's in a deprived area I tend to take more notice:?

Back