• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Just out of interest (hay)

smoo

Mama Doe
.. been looking on the hay experts website and I wondered what brand of hay do people tend to buy,
I can't buy it in bales as I have nowhere to store it.
The hay i've been getting hasn't been looking as lovely as usual and I thought i'd try something different for them .

I'm using hay for pets. You get a 9.5kg bag of timothy and rye delivered for £15 :wave:
They also have meadow hay & ings hay which I know a lot of people are using.

I buy the Burns Oat Hay for my lot as a treat - they go mad for it! That is alongside "normal" bale hay though...

Spenser has Burns green oat hay. I've ordered Western Timothy too, as he did some justice to a sample pack of it.

My fussy bun loves the following:

Hay for Pets Timothy and Rye

Readigrass

Bunny Nature alpine meadow

Burns Green Oat

Dust free Timothy in a box (from animal magic supplies)

And he likes these:

Burns Welsh Meadow

Excel Barn Dried Grass

Orchard Grass

Its not like meadow hay, its green :) It is lovely, my fussy bun nommed it down with more enthusiasm then I've ever seen, but its a bit expensive to buy all the time.

Oh thanks :) sounds like a good one to get then. These hays are the ones I buy as special 'big handful of the nice stuff' kinda hay so I don't mind the cost as long as they eat it :lol:

Thanks guys, I was kind of hoping you'd all just say the same thing so it would be easy to choose but now I have more options eeek!!

Thanks guys, I was kind of hoping you'd all just say the same thing so it would be easy to choose but now I have more options eeek!!

Why don't you order their Sample Pack? Its a lovely selection, you may find some they like, some they don't. Nothing worse than buying a bag of hay only to find they don't wolf it down!

Ours have Willow Warren hay which is very stalky and sweet-smelling. They get Burns Green Oat Hay as treat hay.

Back