• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I grow?

Depends how much space and time you have really :) I like to grow herbs because they're quite easy. This year I'm growing Fenugreek too, to cut down on buying crunchies!

A hazel or willow would be useful if you have space, you can coppice it each year to get a good crop of stems for next year.

Depends how much space and time you have really :) I like to grow herbs because they're quite easy. This year I'm growing Fenugreek too, to cut down on buying crunchies!

A hazel or willow would be useful if you have space, you can coppice it each year to get a good crop of stems for next year.
Oh yeah, we have rosemary, thyme, sage and chives (not suitable for buns) Is parsley easy to grow?

Oh yeah, we have rosemary, thyme, sage and chives (not suitable for buns) Is parsley easy to grow?

I find it to be easy - I even had some outdoors over winter and it survived the cold weather!

Parsley can be tricky to germinate so it hlps either to water it in with v hot water, or just to soak the seeds in water overnight before you plant them.

Coriander and oregano are pretty easy too. I never have much luck with basil though *sigh* (Although that's probably because I start eating it before it's ready!)

Back