• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Oh dear, Roxy likes leather

scotlass

Mama Doe
I have seen lots of pictures on here of buns relaxing on sofas and having cuddles on sofas and have often thought 'I wish Roxy would do that'.

This week Roxy finally learned to jump up and we have spent many an hour snuggling on the couch :love::love::love:

Unfortunately, I also now have two 10p sized holes in the leather where she has had a sneaky nibble - right in the middle of the seat :shock: We paid for insurance against accidental damage when we bought the suite which expires in June, so I'm going to telephone them tomorrow to see if we can claim for a repair. I know they'll do their utmost to get out of it, particularly as we are so close to the end of the cover period, but hey, it's worth a shot isn't it?

The odd thing is, I thought I would be more upset about it and I thought dh would go ballistic, but we're very laid back about it, it's not Roxy's fault, she's only doing what bunnies do. I guess we're totally sucked in and fully fledged bunny parents now :lol:

just make sure you don't say it was a pet! Many policies have exclusions for pet damage.

I once tore a leather chair by sitting cross legged on it, when I got up the buckle on my boot tore the seat open, so you could blame it on something like that.

That's a good point, I can't see anything in the policy exclusions that mentions pet damage, although I do know that the house insurance doesn't cover it. I'll have a closer read before I phone, thanks for bringing that up.

Yes, don't mention it was caused by a pet, otherwise its quite likely they won't pay out.

On a happy note, glad you got your cuddles :)

ETA: I see you are in the wet and windy part of Scotland too :wave:

Back