• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little stray cat (and a question)

Jenova

Wise Old Thumper
Here is the lovely little stray that lives under cars near the park. She is very well fed by many lovely people, but she is a little dirty. After a year she trusts me enough to come for cuddles on my lap and was kneading away for a good 15 minutes. :love:

I've named her Leia, but everyone that feeds her has a different name for her.

DSCF2434.jpg

DSCF2435.jpg

But her ears did look a little odd today. Like they had no fur on the tips. She didn't seem to want me touching them. Any ideas as to what this could be?

kittyears.jpg

It could be an irritation from fleas or, more, likely ear mites. You can buy a spot on called advocate from a vet which will treat both.

If you think she needs veterinary treatment, you could catch her up and take her to the vet explaining the situation, they often contact the Cats Protection League and they will foot the bill if necessary for a stray my mums neighbour did this with a stray that she used to feed when he had a mouth abcess.

I was in contact with cats protection over the 'big freeze' but they could never find her when they went down. :?
I would just worry about treating her if someone else went and did the same.
I might ring my vets and ask for advice or ring cats protection again.

Bless her she is so sweet, it would be so lovely if someone could take her in and give her a home:love::love::love:

Bless her she is so sweet, it would be so lovely if someone could take her in and give her a home:love::love::love:

It's such a shame all the people I've spoken to who feed her are all so lovely. One of them is allergic to cats though, the other one has a very territorial female so it would be silly to bring in another girl. And it goes on. I have a rented house and rabbits, chinchillas and a hamster. I think we're all trying to make up for it by feeding her or in my case giving her cuddles. I wish I could give her a home. She's just the sweetest little girl. :(

Back