• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

vibes for Princess please ='(

Crystal butterfly

Warren Veteran
been at work all day and i came hme to find Princess hunched up in teh middle of the hutch with a huge tummy which was balloon size and very hard! rung vet immediatly and got an emergancy appoinment fr straight away, shes had her tummy decompressed (I think that what he called it) which let some of teh air out of her tummy shes been given 2 injectin to try get her gut moving etc. I have her in my kitchen over night.

The vet however was honest and has given her a 50/50 chance :cry:

is there anything I can do to help or anything I can suggest to the vet?

I am willing to pay anything to keep her alive Misty cant loose another wife within a year :cry:

So sorry - hope she recovers quickly.

Was she given metacam for the pain?

Is she nice and warm now? A fleecy blanket is good for warmth. It's also good if she will move about.

sending lots of vibes. Just get loads and loads of fluids into her, and as Blackberry has said metacam if she hasn't already had any

just realised I posted this in the wrong section :shock: shes in a warm room on the Pink fleece which I bought from you she is moving around slightly so I personally feel I caught her in good time. She wasnt given Metacam though it was 2 injections ive never heard the name of he said one was to help push through whatever it is thats caused to Bloat. I thought Bloat was trapped air not a blockage though so im slightly confused. It wasnt my usual vet either it was a one iv never seen before

bloat is trapped air that needs to be pushed out - basically they need to be encouraged to pass wind :oops:

bloat is trapped air that needs to be pushed out - basically they need to be encouraged to pass wind :oops:

Yes - when my boys have had windy bellies I've wrapped them in a fleece and given tummy rubs (you'll hear them trump when some wind comes out!)

Did you get an invoice with the names of the drugs on?

Oh dear.
Vibes for Princess, I hope she improves tonight - farting vibes going her way! :oops: :)

Back