• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

BONDING: any suggestions? ..

so as you may or may not know, snow and thumper had to be seperated a while ago as she turned agressive...

she is getting spayed the start of april when shes 6months.
and thumper was neauterd a while ago, and is the softest thing ever now..

snow has been living in the 'spare room' my brothers old room. but he may be coming to stay for a while so i needed to move her out..

so my only option is to try and bond them again, and move them both into thumpers hutch. so ive set a small playpen up as im not allowed to use the bath tub. with just a litter box and hay..

ive got a spray bottle on hand, and so far its all going well.. shes tried to be boss like i expected but no nipping or growling at all, just her running away from him.

shes just sat in the corner not moving that much ..

i know there may be a chance i have to re-bond after her op but i think it should be fine as there both so dosile..

so any tips on how to have a good bond?

im hoping to save my birthday money up for a shed and bond all 4 which im expecting will be hard as valentino will have a problem with another male im sure. :/

ill update with piccies later:)

Last edited:
if your buns like banana or strawberry, mash a little and put some on their heads. Then the other rabbit will lick it and clean it iff because they like the taste- however the bunny being groomed will think its because they are 'friends' and vice versa.

if your buns like banana or strawberry, mash a little and put some on their heads. Then the other rabbit will lick it and clean it iff because they like the taste- however the bunny being groomed will think its because they are 'friends' and vice versa.

ooo good idea thanks, don't have any in atm but ill get some tomorow for them:)

Are they in a neutral area, this helps the bonding process. They wont know where they are and therefore wont fight over territory which isn't theirs.
Put hay in the pen so they'll be distracted.

Are they in a neutral area, this helps the bonding process. They wont know where they are and therefore wont fight over territory which isn't theirs.
Put hay in the pen so they'll be distracted.

there in my room which they have both been in before but its the only place i can do it, as we only have one bath so can't use it for a week and i have a dog so can't put it downstairs ect..
but yeh they have a massie bag of hay in their haa.

everythings going well! thumper is constantly bunny flopping like he does, and snow keeps sniffing him and running away when he trys to sniff her, shes currently got her head under his whilst hes bunny flopped out :love:

Back