• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Woodshavings - Dangers

Babsie

Wise Old Thumper
Woodshavings

Just another warning about using woodshavings. Have just been reading some posts about the horrendous consequences. Everyone entitled to their own opinion, of course, but think those using it should perhaps read these posts.

Just another warning about using woodshavings. Have just been reading some posts about the horrendous consequences. Everyone entitled to their own opinion, of course, but think those using it should perhaps read these posts.

I stopped about 5 or 6 weeks ago. Won't be using again. :wave:

They can't, unless you say where they are ;)

I think I read that it's the smell/chemical they give off when urinated on? :?
Could be wrong though

I believe that they tend to be dusty and the dust can get in their eyes and lungs. Dont know any other dangers though, sorry.

They are dusty and the phenols in the woodshavings can cause respiratory issues in bunnies and other small animals

I am temporarily using woodshavings, I don't know what else I can bed them on because they aren't litter trained yet :?

I did use them when I first got Beano before I knew any better and although she never had any problems with them they can be dusty and could cause damage if eaten because they tend to stick to food. Newspaper, hay, megazorb, blankets etc are much better alternatives I think :)

i used wood shavings but have changed to carefresh :) bella used to sneeze occasionally but i thought nothing of it :oops: however now since i have changed to carefresh she doesnt sneeze at all :)

Back