• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Spring run development....more space to play! UD (question)

bugglebun

Alpha Buck
Have taken my project a step nearer after removing the box that they love to sit on to give a larger surface area to play on, and a larger 'subterranean' chamber to hide in.....

me098.jpg

me112.jpg

me115.jpg

me125.jpg

(I stay and watch my buns explore and familiarise themselves with the alterations to check for size/danger points etc........besides that it's a pleasure :D)
The planking comes off a winter quarters hide I'd put together for their summerhouse winter over stay. A convenient fit. Am thinking of replacing the board on the other side with planks too...we'll see.

This is the set up that's been replaced, as in the bottom two pics:D

bunstuff.jpg

Last edited:
Love those wooden tunnels - that is exactly the type of adventure playground I want to create in my aviary... When I can find a man that can! :oops:

Love those wooden tunnels - that is exactly the type of adventure playground I want to create in my aviary... When I can find a man that can! :oops:

Cheers! And they do love it!
In some respects it works against me as when it gets warmer, when I get in from work I intend to sit out -with a glass of wine and watch them play....very relaxing :D. Last night they were playing- underneath! :lol::lol::lol:
I've got fairy lights around creating a mystical ambiance but the air wasn't warm enough outside to bring out the scents of the flowering currant. 'tis a joy when that happens...fragrant blossoms in the air.

Anyhow, have a go yourself-if poss; I find it fun:D. My 'creations' aren't perfect but I'm still learning....using a drill/saw, sanding down, countersinking!-that's a new thing to me..:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited:

Just thought I'd ask-if you're still subscribed to this thread- have you got around to making something? I'd just been reminded by another thread where young bun Snaisby has constructed a run...:D
I love to see folk's handy work and pick up tips or pinch ideas :lol:

http://forums.rabbitrehome.org.uk/showthread.php?t=285467

Last edited:
Back