• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.
  • Please Note - Medical Advice

Please keep in mind that posts on this forum are from members of the public sharing personal opinions. It is not a replacement for qualified medical advice from a veterinarian. Many illnesses share similar symptoms but require different treatments. A medical exam is necessary for an accurate diagnosis, without which appropriate treatment cannot be given.

You should always consult your vet before following any suggestions for medication or treatment you have read about. The wrong treatment could make your rabbit worse or mean your vet is unable to give the correct treatment because of drug interactions. Even non prescription drugs can do harm if given inappropriately.

We are very grateful to members who take time to answer other members questions, but please do be clear in your replies that you are sharing personal experience and not giving instructions on what must be done.

Urgent Medical Advice: If you need, or think you might need, urgent medical advice you should contact a vet. If it is out of working hours phone your vet's normal number and there should be an answer phone message with instructions on what to do.

Rabbit eaten paint

LaLa

Alpha Buck
Hi

I have just rushed my 12 week old boy bunny to the vets as when I got up this morning he had an upset tum. I thought I had given him too many bits of veggies as i had just started him gradually however I later saw that behind his run he has eaten the paint off the skirting board. I can't believe I have been so stupid, I thought I had moved his run back further enough for him not to put his head out and chew. I have just spent £300 for them to hospitalise him for the night and so they can start giving him injections. I lost my 2 year old lionhead Honey last year to E Cunniculi, so worried for Theo, I just hope he makes it, I feel awful so my fault!

Vibes

really hope theo is okay sending tummy healing vibes
we all make mistake but hey we do learn from them and so will others

Aw sending lots of get well vibes! These things happen don't take it too hard and try not to keep blaming yourself! You have got him to the vets straight away which is the best place for him until he recovers!! Accidents happen to everyone!! Xxxx

Last edited:
Rabbit paint update

Hi

Yesterday I posted on here regarding my bunny Theo who has eaten paint. He is still in the vets and they are syringe feeding him he still will not eat off his own accord. He is apparently producing a red jelly like substance which the vet thinks may be due to a parasite as opposed to the amount of paint his digested! Do you think this sounds right?

I'm really sorry - wish I could advise but I don't know on his one! Hopefully someone else sees this and can help explain! X

Back