• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbits and Cat

Alicia

Mama Doe
My cat is very interested in the rabbits. I thought he'd be ok with them because he's fine with my guinea-pigs, but I think he might just be interested because they're new and different. I know he can't get into the hutch or run so that's fine but I'm worried about letting the rabbits into their run when I'm not around because Pebbles sits by the run and they could get scared. There's a ramp from the hutch down to the run and I don't want them getting scared and running up the stairs too quickly and hurting themselves. At the moment I've been moving the cat away from the rabbits if he's too near them but he really likes watching them. I've got school tomorrow and my parents are both at work so no-one would be around and I'm a bit worried about leaving them with access to their run when I'm not around, but I don't really want to shut them in.

Is that the run in the picture in your signature?

If so it doesn't look like it's meshed at the bottom or on slabs so I personally wouldn't leave them out in it without supervision as things can dig in. Foxes are around during the day too and can dig in or they could dig out.

Yes it's on grass but there's bricks and stones under the grass (because when Dad was doing work on the house a couple of years ago they had loads of old broken bricks and things, which they buried in the garden - I don't really know why they did that :lol: )

The more you move your cat away the more he's going to want to look. ;)
I'm sure he'll get used to them soon, but if you're worried leave them in the hutch while you're away, just until you're sure. If they can't dig out then I'm sure they would be fine though.

Ok thank you :) I think I'll leave them in their hutch whilst I'm at school and when I get back they can go out for a couple of hours

Back